PRIMARY EYE CARE includes a comprehensive vision and eye health examination. This examination is designed to detect a wide range of problems affecting visual function, such as blurred vision or eye discomfort. Evaluations for eye health disorders are also performed.
The American Optometric Association recommends that all people should have a periodic, comprehensive eye examination every one to two years depending on one’s particular needs. Dr. Olsen incorporates computerized technology to assist the evaluation of spectacle prescriptions, peripheral vision, intraocular pressure, and eye health.
Examinations include tests for glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and the ocular effects of many general health disorders such as diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as effects of medications.
- Comprehensive Eye Exams and free lifetime adjustments and no charge re-examination.
- Pediatric Eye Exams - Early identification of a child's vision problem is crucial. InfantSEE®, a public health program, managed by Optometry Cares® - The AOA Foundation, is designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an integral part of infant wellness care to improve a child's quality of life.
- Cataract Evaluation and co-management before and after surgery.
- Digital Retinal Imaging - Used to detect diseases such as diabetes and macular degeneration, it is critical to confirming the health of the retina, optic nerve and other retinal structures.
- Dry Eye Evaluation and Therapy - Dry eyes result from the chronic lack of lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye, which can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses and an increased risk of corneal inflammation and eye infections.
- Visual Field Analysis for pathology, including retinal detachment, floaters, tumors, or lesions in the visual pathway.
- Glaucoma Evaluation and Therapy - Glaucoma testing involves measuring internal eye pressure and a detailed scan of the retina for signs of disease.
- Laser Vision Correction Consultation and LASIK-pre and post correction care. If you're ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts, LASIK may be the right solution for you!
- Macular Degeneration Treatment - Macular degeneration is an eye disease that affects the portion of the eye responsible for processing fine detail and providing sharp central vision (called the macula).
- Diabetic Eyecare - Diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is a common disease in which blood-sugar levels are chronically too high. The disease has many related complications, and several eye diseases among them.
- Fashion Eyewear - Designer Frame gallery including: Flexon, Nike, Silhouette, Ted Baker, BCBG, Nautica, Gucci, Disney, Kate Spade, etc.